Running Divine Podcast
The idea for the podcast came to me when I was out on a run. I started thinking about all the amazing women I know in the trail and ultra community. I also thought about all the in depth and interesting conversations we have while sharing miles together out on the trail.
The goal of the podcast is to capture these deep conversations and share the stories of ultra runners and adventurers, with a focus on telling female athletes stories. Conversations that go beyond running to explore what it means to push your limits, seek adventure and find connection out on the trail. The guests and their stories will inspire you and hopefully empower you to find your own adventure and tell your own story.
I believe everyone has a story and running divine is about celebrating that. I write about some of my story in my not so regular blog. After being a pretty athletic kid, I lost my way a bit as a teenager and became more passionate about boys and parties. By my mid twenties I was a divorced single mom and trying to get through school to become a nurse. Nursing and running allowed me to find my self confidence and a belief that I could have more out of life. I ran my first half marathon in 2008, and I just kept chasing goals from there. In 2010 I ran Boston and New York City marathons. My marathon career was short lived and once I started running trails I never looked back. I ran my first ultra marathon in 2012. I loved the freedom on the trails, the ultra community and travelling around the world to new races. Running has given me so much, and I would like to give back by capturing other athletes stories that inspire me and hopefully inspire you.
- Toronto Waterfront Marathon- PB 3:37
- Angus Glen 1/2 marathon-5th
- Boston and New York City Marathon
- 5 peaks Trail series- second place 20-29 year olds.
- Brookvale 50 km Prince Edward Island- Third place
- Haliburton Forest 50 km- 4th place
- Sulphur Springs 50 miler
- Iceland 55 km
- Indiana Trail 50 miler- 8th place
- Sulphur Springs 100-7th place
- Run Across Scotland-Inverness to Skye 85 miles
- Land Between the Lakes 60 km - 5th place
- Big Horn 50 miler
- Fat Dog 50 miler
- Run Around Kilimanjaro-Tanzania-260 km
- Completed the Bruce Trail (Canadas longest footpath)
- Haliburton 100 miler- second place
- Ultra Africa Race-Mozambique-second place
- Ultra Asia Race-Vietnam-second place
My favourite thing: Sharing a beautiful trail with friends. Photo Credit: Lindsey Barnes